I'm an electrical engineer by training. After finishing a five-year term in the Navy as a submarine officer, I moved to Los Angeles to catch up on my sun exposure. Now I work on safety-critical control systems for local refineries.
My public PGP key is on Keybase. You can sometimes find me here listening to hackers much cooler than me, or here inexplicably running up and down hills for fun. I've also been known to take on projects for a certain awesome roboticist.
- A Web interface for my RSS-to-email push notification script
- An Arduino-based graphical display for my smart electric meter
- Practice for this year's Code Jam
- An apartment-friendly 80m antenna for my Pixie II
- A homebrew 16-bit computer
- A passive multistatic radar using my RTL-SDR dongle (might need to upgrade to a USRP for this)
- C.R. Anderson, G. Schaertl, and P. Balister, "A Low-Cost Embedded SDR Solution for Prototyping and Experimentation," presented at SDR '09, Washington, DC, 2009. PDFs: paper, slides.
- A vector display controller and graphics processor using Altera's DE2 FPGA development board. Final project for Microcomputer Interfacing, 2008.
- A Morse code decoder using a PIC16 microcontroller. Final project for Microprocessor-Based Digital Design, 2008.